Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Oh it's magic.

First blog of the new year. Pressure. I was debating about making this post serious or lighthearted. Im going w both.

Ive been thinking a lot about myself since the end of December. Ive been thinking about who I want to become this year. I heard a sermon from Andy Stanley a while back and everyday these words come to my mind. "It is a mistake to decide what you want to do before determining who you want to be bc at the end of the day who you want to be will ultimately determine what you will do." Sometimes I get these out of order. His challenge brought lots of time and thought. Challenge: make a small list of character traits that you would want people to talk about at your funeral. Im probably taking this more seriously than I should but I have come up with 2 since the beginning of this month. After much thought on those 2 I have noticed a difference in the way I treat people. Try it.

One of my most favorite things is writing and receiving letters. or receiving and writing letters.

Ive been watching a lot of the Australian Open. I want to be like Federer. and wear bandanas all the time. I play a lot w my Vietnamese friend at school. He makes me feel like Im in the Australian Open. He could be if he wanted to.

Ive been working on a new kids book involving el guapo, my fish, and his tricks. It might win a lot of prizes. It might not.

I really dont like new semesters. Overwhelming. Especially for a person my size.

Music inspires me. A new song: Take Me Home by Phil Collins. Listen to it. Feel it. Its tangible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the first blog I have read of yours since our Vball stardom days but I have decided to check for them regularly. I liked seeing you THREE times today AND you write so whimsically that I sat in my roommate's room smilling all by myself . . . like this :)

Keep writing.

Peyton said...

Lo, you are so kind. Thanks for commenting. I always try and write regular but it only always lasts for a month or so. But for you, I feel its worth it. Good to see you too.