Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First space traveller.

Today marks the day of the first earthling launched into space. A Russian man named Yuri Gagarin. I was just thinking of the things he saw. And what he was thinking before blast off. I bet he just embraced death. I would have. To go where no human being has ever been? That’s shocking. I would have just said…Its totally worth it. Goodbye. He probably is the one who invented astronaut space food. Like dry ice cream. Ive eaten space food before ya know. Not in space. I was on earth. At the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. We took a field trip there in 6th grade. We even got to really imagine being at the center of control while we launched someone into space. We wore headsets and got to push buttons and open cabinets. My friend and I were in charge of oxygen supply. We almost ran out of time bc we couldn’t find the oxygen tanks. Then after, we realized all the parents and teachers had been watching us through those fake windows. Blast. Like a rocket. I wonder if his hands were shaking. What if his hands were shaking so bad he pushed all the wrong buttons. Or if he is the type of person that cant handle pressure. And he forgot everything he knew about rockets and control. His spacecraft was Vostok. He circled the earth. Or space terminology- orbited. First journey around the world. Success. Go Soviets. Go Buzz Lightyear. I am celebrating with them today. He is a hero to many.

I bet he encountered aliens. Hope he packed his alien gun. And his alien repellent.

"I'm actually stationed at the Gamma Quadrant, Sector Four. As a member of the elite Universe Protection Unit of the Space Ranger Corps, I protect the Galaxy from the threat of invasion from the evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance!"

2 comments:

Keri said...

You've got me laughing this morning. I love it.

BeccaMKennedy said...

you are the best at blogging.