Friday, September 17, 2010

arts. crafts. great.

I took on this new self this summer. Crafts are a big part of my life now. Well, they have always been. I have always loved crafts and making things. But these are bigger and better crafts. More grown-up crafts. No. I like kid crafts. Sometimes better than grown-up crafts. Anyways, now that you have my back ground check, lets get down to the nitty gritty. I got this balloon lamp idea from a ladys blog. She makes a lot of crafts too. I saw this and couldn’t resist. It was pretty simple. In the beginning I needed help. But after the beginning I was nearly a professional glue handler. I plan to put a light rhizome in it and hang it in my room. Over my bed. Its kind of like a lamp dream catcher. Its kind of like an alien sack. In case the space aliens invade. Alien kick out. Its kind of like an android machine. Or maybe a paste contraption for spiders.

I was a bit nervous about popping the balloon. I had some doubts but obviously it worked in the end. My cousin documented the whole process. I made it at her house and popped it in our dorm. Mrs Aunt Betsy assisted me in the beginning. She deserves credit. Also, her house is already decorated for Autumn. Which made the whole craft all the more enjoyable. Sometimes it is so much easier to do things when surrounded by a warm safe environment. I felt so glowy and fulsome and radiant inside bc of what I was doing, who I was with, and where I was. This new season has already brought so much. New thoughts, new habits, new crafts, new friends, new ideas, new celebrations, new books.

Check out my cousins blog. Shes pretty awesome. She also blogged about this. Kessleran.blogspot.com (Plus shes got pictures uploaded on her blog. and Theyre really cool.) So go look. Right now.

0 comments: